When the IRS Comes Calling: Settling with the Tax Man
What do you do when the IRS knocks on your door? Fear, anxiety, jail time – many different ideas pop into mind about what the government will do because of a failure to pay taxes. A knock on the door from the IRS is extremely important, but most of what you fear is more myth than reality.
Your anxiety: Is the IRS going to show up one day and seize my house? Levy on my income so I cannot provide for my family? Shut down my business? Take my retirement account? Put me in jail.
The answers may surprise you, and your fears are usually bigger than the reality.
On Thursday, October 2, 2014, I will be giving a live webinar with myLawCLE.com that will give you the knowledge of how the IRS works, how to defend against aggressive IRS actions, and ultimately, reach settlement and case resolution. The webinar is at 9 am PST, 10 am MST, 11 am CST and 12 pm EST.
Here is the agenda of what will be covered:
- Knock, Knock – Who is at My Door from the IRS?
- The Power of the IRS to Destroy: What Can the IRS Really Seize, and What Are the Likely Sources?
- IRS Seizure Process: Is There Due Process in IRS Collections?
- IRS Collection Enforcement Priorities: Is it Likely that the IRS Will Take a House? Retirement Account?
- Settling with the IRS: Offers in Compromise – Myths vs. Reality.
- Negotiating Payment Agreements: Providing the IRS with Financial Statements.
- IRS Forbearance: Convincing the IRS to Leave an Unpaid Tax Debt Alone.
- Yes, My Dear, Bankruptcy Can Eliminate an IRS Tax Debt: Here’s How.
- How Long Can the IRS Collect a Tax Debt? Expiration Dates on the IRS Collection Power.
To learn more, please visit MyLawCLE.com.